Webinars provide an excellent communication and sales tool. By presenting a webinar you can show examples and slides, while you talk about what the audience is seeing. It’s almost like being in front of an audience at a face-to-face event.
Webinars have become the industry standard for online presentations, particularly for sales presentations. They provide a rich means of demonstrating, as well as creating scarcity to increase sales. After all, the webinar is about to end, so you need to buy now!
But what about from the attendee’s view? How should you be watching webinars? After all, when you watch a webinar you are trading your time and attention to listen to
- more information
- more things that you are not doing already
- more that you “need” to be doing in your business.
So by the time the webinar is over you can be left feeling like – now what?
- You can either stop everything and take action on the topic of the webinar. Or
- You can put the webinar and its information and call to action on the back burner so that you can do what already needs to be done in your own business.
So what’s the solution? Schedule Webinar Watching
Of course this is not going to go over well with all of the marketers who are trying to sell you something by getting you on their “must watch” webinar. But this is YOUR business! You need to take the actions that will create profit for you – not for them.[tbpspa]
Keeping that in mind, here are three steps to follow:
1. Before signing up for a webinar, be sure you have the time to watch AND take action. There is no point in watching a one-hour webinar if you have an article due in 90 minutes. Neither will get your best effort.
2. Only watch webinars when it fits your schedule. Yes, that means that most of your viewing will not be “live”. You owe it to yourself to schedule your work first. Then if there is space in your schedule, you can work in a webinar replay.
3. When someone threatens that there will be no replay, then strongly consider whether or not you really need that information. If there is no replay, then there is a guarantee of an offer to purchase yet another product. Do you need the product?
The overriding concern for which webinars you watch must always be your business. If you find that you aren’t making a profit, it’s probably because your information pipeline only provides incoming information. Reverse the flow with webinars – and schedule your webinar watching.