1. Decide on the topic for your product. It’s probably something you wish you had had when you first started in your current area of expertise.
2. Break the topic down into three parts. These three parts should be approximately the same size. And they are likely sequential – steps 1, 2, and 3.
3. Choose the easiest way for you to communicate – in writing or in speech. If in writing, then write the instructions for topic one. Then write on topic two. And write on topic three.
The idea is for you to use the same production mode to create the three parts to your product. So your written product will most likely be three reports, one for each step in the sequence.
Build Your Credibility Quickly And Easily While you build your income. Teach an online course! Fast and simple instructions from an expert. Step-by-step videos, checklists, and case studies lead the way. Design Your Online Course.
On the other hand if you prefer to talk, then you’ll want to record your audio. You can use a microphone and audio recording program as one option. Or you can call a free conference line and record it that way. Either way will work.
Again, when you are recording the audio, you want to talk about step 1. Stop the recording. Talk about step 2. Stop the recording. And talk about step 3.
4. Whichever way you did not choose to start with, use that one now as you produce exactly the same three steps – but with this new production method. So if you wrote your first version of the producct, this time record it. And vice versa.
5. Finally, put the content onto slides and record a video of you talking about the content as you show the slides. You can either re-record it, or you can use the same audio you recorded the first time and just add the slides to the video.
You now have a finished product – 3 parts, in three different formats. Not only are you able to meet the needs of your audience, but you’ve also learned three production modes.
Most importantly when you repeat each production mode three times in a row, you are much more likely to remember how to do it the next time you need it, rather than having to relearn it.
So remember the 3 x 3 Product Development method and you’ll have that product created in no time!
Need more help in designing your content? You’ll want to take Jeanette’s Design Your Online Course.